The EIFELLEITER leads hikers from the Rhine over the top summit of the Eifel, the Hohe Acht, to the picturesque town of Adenau. Along roughly 53 km, you can experience the whole variety of the Rhine and Eifel landscape here.
The starting point is the Rhine, with the well-known spa town of Bad Breisig, one of the very few green areas of the Middle Rhine close to the river. Further along, the Ladder winds through the charming Brohl valley with the natural spectacles Hufeisenkrater Bausenberg, Rodder Maar and magnificent views of the medieval castle Olbrück. The route continues up the Ladder to the opposite pole, the High Eifel, whose highest mountain, the Hohe Acht, will be the destination of the Eifel Ladder conquerors, before the route then ends on the market square in Adenau. As preferred by hikers, the route seeks closeness to nature over long stretches and offers ample opportunity to escape often stressful daily routines.
>>360° panorama video tour on hiking trail EIFELLEITER
Highlights along the trail:
• Spa town Bad Breisig with Rhine promenade and Roman thermal baths
• Natural monument Hufeisenkrater Bausenberg
• Rodder Maar with view of the medieval castle Olbrück
• Adventure forest Steinrausch
• Historic narrow-gauge railway Vulkan-Expreß
• Eifel forests in the direction of the Nürburgring
• Hohe Acht, highest mountain in the Eifel
'• Winter sports area Hohe Acht/Lützelacht
• Emperor William Tower area Hohe Acht
• 1,000-year-old town of Adenau with historic market square
• Way of the Cross Adenau